Friday, July 14, 2006

JOB INTERVIEW INFO

'JOB INTERVIEW' video INFO:

Director's statement:

"This video came out of an idea to produce tapes based on improvisation and elements of performance art. I got some inspiration from vintage direct cinema and the improvised cinema of Paul Morrissey and Jim McBride. I wanted to explore some ideas quite literally on the screen, hence the use of graphics to make an allusion to 1960s sloganism and the Novelle Vague-ish idea of capitalist work relations as a form of prostitution. I also wanted to touch on contemporary issues such as globalisation, corporate and celebrity culture. I've always been fascinated by the interview format, including job interviews, and I thought it could also be used as a way to reflect on the role of the director in a film or video by turning the camera (and therefore the viewer) into a non-diegetic character."


Stills:

1

2

3


No comments: